Monday 16 August 2010

Blackpool FC

After decades of obscurity, my local football club have returned to English football's top flight. Not many people are giving them much hope of staying up by the end of this season, but for now at least, they're sitting pretty behind Chelsea at the top the league. Stanley Matthews will be chuckling in his grave.

Although being my local team, I've never been a supporter as such. A number of dispiriting, tedious trips to what was a dilapidated Bloomfield Road back in the 80s and early 90s put paid too that. Manchester United and Bryan Robson - my childhood idol - had already gained my allegiance by then. Be that as it may, I think it's great that Blackpool are back in the spotlight and I'm already looking forward to attending their home fixture against United in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment