Thursday 6 December 2012

Passage to India

My wife and I recently returned from a trip to India - probably one the biggest holidays we will ever go on. Considering this was the first time I'd ever ventured beyond Europe per se, I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a little apprehensive before boarding our flight from Zurich to Delhi on 17 November. Thankfully, any trepidation I had dissipated on arrival. Indian life is too high-octane and technicolour to dwell on such trifling thoughts.

We had divided our India itinerary into three distinct legs, summarised as follows:

1) From 18 to 22 November: a tour of India's "Golden Triangle", taking in Delhi, Agra and Jaipur.
2) From 23 to 28 November: five days in Mumbai to watch the 2nd Test Match between India and England (i.e. cricket).
3) From 29 November to 3 December: relaxing on the beaches of south Goa.

My synopsis of our travels will follow shortly, starting with the first leg in northern India.


No comments:

Post a Comment